Thursday, August 23, 2007

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

Here is a recipe I created not too long ago - there's no picture, but I'm sure anyone can make it! I wanted to make cookies with both chocolate and peanut butter, and working from my regular recipe for chocolate chip cookies, I was able to mess around with the ingredients and come up with this. I made them this morning, and both my brothers said they were good. Their approval is a good sign...

Also, for a variation, you can use chunky peanut butter, and milk chocolate with almonds for an ultimately nutty cookie. Or you can use Hershey's Symphony Milk Chocolate Toffee&Almonds Bar to get an extra special flavor. Another idea if you like chocolate and not peanut butter but don't want to make the same old cookie; is use a chocolate chip recipe and simply add a chopped up 8 oz. bar of your favorite chocolate bar in place of the chocolate chips. Try it out. I would recommend the toffee and almonds bar, but each to his/her own. Feel free to create!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:

¾ cup butter
1 cup white sugar
I cup brown sugar
½ cup peanut butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 (8 oz.) chocolate candy bar, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter, sugars, and peanut butter until light fluffy. Beat eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate pieces. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Makes four dozen cookies.

~Lizzy~

No comments: